8.23.2009

36 weeks!

We're getting closer and closer! According to BabyCenter.com, at the end of this week, Lea will be considered full-term. It's also estimated that she weighs almost 6 pounds now and is well over 18 inches long.




My doctor has already confirmed (twice) that she is head down. It's very unlikely that she will turn upright in the next few weeks, so I don't have to worry about her being breech. Last week, I believe I had a few Braxton Hick's contractions. It was very strange. My entire abdomen (which is pretty big these days) got very tight... so tight that it felt like a brick wall to the touch. It didn't hurt, but was uncomfortable. I haven't felt them since then.



Besides being pretty tired all the time, a sore back and swollen feet/ankles, I am doing well. Kevin and I have been very busy cleaning around the house. Today, we (actually Kevin) cleaned behind the fridge, stove and washer & dryer. We have also cleaned the drapes and ceiling fans in each room. I am sure we'll find something that just HAS to be cleaned next weekend, too! We have one more childbirth class at the hospital. I am glad we signed up for the five week course. We have learned quite a bit, but most importantly we have more confidence now (even though we're both still pretty nervous!).



Last weekend we spent a couple nights at the beach with Kevin's parents, sister and neices & nephew. It was nice to get away and not have any plans for a change. The weather was perfect and the kids had a blast. They just wanted to stay in the water, which felt wonderful, however the waves were pretty rough. I got plenty of exercise helping to hold them up each time a 'big one' came!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Let me hear it!