10.07.2011

The Land of Enchantment

Lea and I have been in New Mexico for two night now. I have to start by saying how proud I am of her for sleeping in her own toddler bed! At home, she still sleeps in a crib...which she seems to love so we have just left it that way. Well, when we travel, she refuses to sleep in a pack-n-play so I had to find something else for his trip. I actually found an inflatable toddler bed on Craigslist, brand new, never opened, for less than half the price retail. I won't lie... I was extremely nervous about how she would sleep on this trip. I convinced myself that she would hate the toddler bed and would insist on sleeping with me... which would mean I wouldn't get any sleep. But, I completely underestimated my little girl! She's doing great in her toddler bed. Even napping there with no problems. I guess this means we'll have to convert her crib when we get home. :)

So, other than a little bit of jet lag for Lea (she wants to take her lunch time nap by 9:30 in the morning! and she's getting up around 5:30/6:00 am so far) we are having a nice trip. We spent yesterday at the Albuquerque Museum of Natural History (Lea is loving dinosaurs lately) and Old Town where we shared ice cream and window shopped a little. Today we're staying close to home as it has suddenly gotten quite chilly and wet out. And, tomorrow we hope to see some balloons at the Balloon Fiesta... praying for nice weather!

Pictures coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Let me hear it!