11.02.2011

Pumpkin Seeds!

I LOVE toasted pumpkin seeds. My mom used to make them all the time when I was growing up and I had no idea it was so easy. So, I enlisted my little Lea to help me make some this year.

"Scooping" out the seeds... well, Lea picked them out one at a time!

"Ew! Messy, mommy!!"
 

Like I said, it's super easy. Once you harvest all the seeds from the pumpkin, spread them out on a cookie sheet (lined w/ foil). Then pick out all the big chunks of goop. I like to leave some of the goopy stuff b/c that's what gets krispie when you bake them. It adds a lot of flavor!

Then, just add a table spoon or two of melted butter and a table spoon or two of Worcestershire sauce. This time, all I had was the new, thick Worcestershire sauce, but I think that might actually work better! I sprinkled a little garlic salt on them, too.

Bake them at about 275 degrees for about an hour. Make sure to stir them around a lot while they are baking.

YUM!!!!


1 comment:

  1. What a cute helper you have! Such fun memories you are making with Lea, I love the pure kid joy on her face!

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? Let me hear it!