4.29.2012

40 weeks!?

I can honestly say I never thought I would make it to my due date with this pregnancy. I guess the only reason I ever thought that was because Lea was a couple days early. Never the less, tomorrow is my due date and here I am... still pregnant.

While I am so ready to have this baby, I am not in a rush to artificially induce my labor. I truly believe that unnecessary interventions occur in a snowball effect. So, if I can avoid them from the get-go, then all the better. I was able to avoid a continuous IV, have intermittent fetal monitoring and avoid any pain medications when I had Lea... and I would like to do that again this time around. Wish me luck! Your prayers and support are very much appreciated. :)

So, I was feeling pretty worn down and tired a couple weeks ago, but this week a calm has taken over me. Don't get me wrong, I am pretty exhausted and ready to have Emma but I am trying really hard to enjoy these last few days of having her, literally, all to myself! As much as I dislike the back aches, continuous Braxton Hicks contractions, having to pee every 15 minutes, not being able to roll over in bed easily and not being able to sleep longer than an hour.... (I could go on but I will stop!)... I will very much miss feeling Emma roll around, feeling her hiccup every single night after dinner and knowing that she is completely safe and sound, tucked away in my belly.

Our bags are packed, the house is clean, the freezer is stocked and the baby items are all set up (including the nursery!). We're ready to meet you Emma!!!

37 weeks
40 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Let me hear it!