11.19.2012

Thanksgiving Crafts

I am terrible at remembering to take pictures of crafts as we go... so I apologize. I only have pictures of the finished products. These are two super easy crafts, though, so you should be able to figure it out! lol

I saw this one on Pinterest and had to try it. And, I have to say, I think mine turned out better!


I simply traced each family members hand then cut them out (each on a different color paper). I drew the turkey body free-hand and cut that out, then added a beak and a waddle. The hands were then layered and glued onto a pretty piece of craft paper. The turkey body was glued on last. Finally, I wanted to have the year on there, so I used some self-stick scrapbook numbers. I framed it in an 8x10 matted frame that was on sale at AC Moore for $10! :)

 
 
I got the idea for the next craft from Lea's preschool. I saw these hanging in the window of the older kids room and wanted to try them. Again, I drew the corn cob and husk free-hand, then cut them out on yellow and green craft paper. I gave Lea some finger paint and told her to make "dots" on each corn cob. I think she did pretty good! We strung them together with yellow yarn (I punched holes in the tops of each cob) and we hung them from the fireplace mantle. :)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Let me hear it!