4.20.2009

18 Weeks!

I am now 18 weeks pregnant. Time seems to be flying by these days. I can not believe it's almost May!

Baby girl Thomas is over 5 inches long now and weighs about 7 ounces. She's busy flexing her arms and legs (which I am definitely feeling!). It's quite reassuring to feel her rolling around in there...especially right before bed when she seems to always give a final kick goodnight! Here's the size comparison pic for this week:



We had a fun and busy weekend. The weather was beautiful! Saturday morning we got up early for the neighborhood yard sale. Since it was so nice out, there was a lot of traffic. We got rid of so much junk! After that, Kevin and I headed to the NCSU Red & White football game. When we got home, I took a nice nap on the sofa! Sunday we painted a little more in the nursery. (added a pale, butter yellow stripe, about an inch thick, above the brown. next weekend we'll add the sage stripe.) We visited with my sister-in-law and finally told the kids I was pregnant. They were so excited! Much more so than I thought they would be. It was fun to show them the ultrasound pictures. Ross, who is 4, put his head up to my belly to try to hear the baby. He even said if I opened my mouth, "maybe we could hear her crying in there!" :) Kristin, who is 8, kept finding baby doll clothes to give me and she said, "I don't think I can wait five more months!" I told her I couldn't wait, either. Lilly, who is 3, kept asking why I was having a "raccoon baby" (because that's what the ultrasound looked like to her). It was a lot of fun. When we left, Jill gave us three huge tubs of baby clothes. Do you know how much tiny baby clothes can fit in one big tub? A LOT! I went through them last night... there is so much cute stuff. Now we just have to find a place for it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Let me hear it!