7.01.2010

Super Cool Kid

Have I mentioned all the super-cool things Lea is doing now?!

She waves at everyone... all you have to do is say "Hi" or "Bye" and she flaps her little arm like crazy. Sometimes she doesn't even look at you, she just waves. I hope she continues to be this friendly. I keep hearing that around this age "stranger anxiety" can kick in but I haven't seen it, yet.

Another cool thing she does is "yelp" when she hears a dog bark (specifically Bailey). It's like she's imitating the bark but without the "ruff" and "woof" words that we use... she simply makes a high-pitched "ah-ah" sound. ADORABLE!

I know I have mentioned how much she loves music. Really... any type of music... but she really likes songs with a nice, strong baseline. As soon as she hears a good song, she starts bouncing in her knees. And if she's sitting down, she rocks back and forth. You can even tell her to dance when there's no music playing and she'll do it! Where do they learn this stuff?!

Finally, Lea LOVES water. It doesn't matter if it's in the dog bowl, a pond, the pool, bathtub, sink or even water residue in the dishwasher. If she can get to it, she will play with (and in) it. Bath time is one of her favorite times but we also take her to the neighborhood pool often. As soon as she sees where we are, she starts squirming to get down. The kiddie pool is just the right depth that she can crawl around and keep her head above water. She would stay in the water for hours on end if I let her!

At 9 1/2 months old, Lea is really becoming her own person. It is amazing to watch her grow and learn. I can only pray and hope that I am doing her justice as I teach her about the world.



"Daddy's home!"

Playing with the neighbors (huge) dog. She has no fear!

3 comments:

  1. You have been getting some really great shots of her! I love the one of her greeting her daddy, with the bare toes, too cute. She and Madeleine really could be best friends, they already have so much in common. Loves strangers ha, loves to dance (Mad shakes her head and bobs her shoulders and head to the beat, loves dogs & bath time. This age is SOOO much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, she is growing so fast Jess...we have to get together soon...I think we may actually be able to have some REAL play dates!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like those pictures too. Great job! The first one looks like an "uh oh" face. The Daddy's home one is so cute. Can't wait til we can get the lovebirds together again!

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? Let me hear it!