1.04.2011

Gettin' Crafty... again.

I have the "craft bug", again. Today I decided to make a hair bow holder for Lea's bathroom. Now that her hair is getting longer, she can actually wear more bows. I need to start putting a bow in her hair every single morning so she'll get used to it. Sometimes she'll leave it alone, but she usually ends up pulling it out and chewing on it.

Anyhow... a bow holder... I've been wanting one for Lea's bows but never saw one that I really liked, and quite honestly, didn't want to spend money on one. It's no secret; I am thrifty. So, I decided to use one of the little wooden bird houses that I painted for Lea's 1st birthday party. I painted some little flowers around it and then hot glued pretty ribbons to hang off the bottom. Now I just need to tack a hanger thingy on the back so I can hang it on the wall. It's super cute! I'll post a pic once it's up. :)

If you think that's the only craft project up my sleeve right now, you are so mistaken. I recently got supplies to make a custom growth chart, too. I have seen several that I like, but they are pretty expensive. So, I'm going to make one! I'll use the paint and stencils that I made for Lea's nursery. I think I'll put her name on it, too. :) Yes, I'll post pics of it when it's done! I'm hoping to have it done by the end of the month. Here's a pic of my inspiration...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Let me hear it!