10.18.2008

North Carolina State Fair

We spent the day at the fair today...literally. We were there for almost seven hours! The only reason I go is for the animals and the food. We had country ham biscuits, grilled corn-on-the-cob dripping with hot butter, handmade hot apple dumplings with homemade ice cream, fried pecan pie, fresh squeezed lemonade, barbecue sandwich and a frozen banana dipped in chocolate!





Between all that eating, we checked out the kids art exhibits, stopped by the Obama/Biden booth, looked at all the cows, pigs, rabbits, goats, sheep, turkeys, chickens and chicks. I even held an adorable baby duck...






One of my favorite things we did this year was milk a cow...yes, I actually milked a cow!! It was pretty cool...




I was surprised by how much milk I got out. I thought it would have been harder to get the 'technique" right.

All in all, it was a fun day. Cold, but not raining, so that was good! I am exhausted now and ready for a nap.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Let me hear it!