4.10.2012

37 Weeks and 2 Days...

but who's counting?! LOL

Really, I can not believe my due date is less than three weeks away. No matter how much I get done around the house (making freezer meals, setting up the bassinet and swing, washing clothes and blankets and buying diapers), I still feel so unprepared. I guess it's a feeling of being unprepared emotionally. So many things are running through my head... Will I be able to make it through another drug-free labor and delivery? Will I connect with this little girl the same way I did with Lea? Will my heart be able to love her as much as I love Lea??? Will Lea transition well to being a big sister??

I am getting bigger and more uncomfortable every single day. I honestly feel like I grow a substantial amount over night, every night. Just rolling over in bed (or, even worse, trying to get out of bed) is a serious workout! When I was pregnant with Lea, Kevin slept in the guest room the last few weeks but this time he doesn't have that option. Poor thing! The nights are long and I know they are only going to be longer once the baby is here.

Anyhow, enough "venting" (I'd rather call it venting then complaining!).

Lea and I have been busy. I'm trying to keep up with fun activities for her because she is still a very active and happy 2 1/2 year old...regardless of how bad I want to stay in my jammies and sleep all day. A couple weekends ago we went with friends to a "Farm Animal" day. They got to see lots of animals and even pet a lamb and baby chicks.
Lea and Jackson petting a baby chick.

Checking out the bunnies.

Lea practicing being a big sister...making baby Violet laugh!
We also planted some flowers in the flower baskets out back (Lea picket them out!).

 And we had a fun Easter with the family. Actually... Kevin and I went away for the weekend and Lea stayed with her Gaga and Papa. But they had a great time playing at the park, dying Easter eggs, going on Easter egg hunts and doing other little Easter crafts. Lea went to church with my parents Sunday morning. Mom said on the way home, Lea kept singing "Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!"

Lea and her cousins ready to hunt eggs.




A candid shot...but you can see Emma really well!

Lea and Bailey
This week I am taking Lea to the library for story time (one of her favorite things to do). She is also still taking gymnastics every Thursday morning, but that class is parent-participation...so her Gaga is taking her to that this month. And, we are still going to church Wednesday nights for "Wiggle & Worship" (we sit around a big circle with other kids her age and sing songs). The hard part is going to be trying to keep up with these activities after Emma arrives. Usually these types of activities are during the day, so Kevin can't take her. I'll have to rely on her grandparents, I guess! I do want to try to keep her schedules and activities as similar as possible after the baby comes...don't you think that would be best for her?

Life is about to change a LOT in our little house and I am getting nervous. I think Lea understands some... she knows that there is a baby sister in my belly (and she has felt her move). The car seat, swing, bassinet, etc. are ready for Emma and Lea knows those things are for her sister. She knows that babies don't eat pizza and can't play with toys until they get bigger! So, I think I have prepared her as much as I can. The rest we will just have to take in stride from day to day.

1 comment:

  1. You will love Emma just as much as you love Lea. Don't be nervous! You will do great. :)

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? Let me hear it!